10 Things Workplace Resource is Grateful for in 2020
2020 has been a challenging year on so many fronts, so, as this year comes to an end, we feel it is important to spend a moment in reflection. Our WR family has pulled together a list of top ten things we are most grateful for amidst these unprecedented times.
- WR Team Rocks! We are blessed to be surrounded by an amazing collective group of individuals who inspire & encourage us to be our best selves daily.
- …and we Roll! We are blessed to be part of an organization that prioritizes the mental and physical wellbeing of employees. All employees received a work from home allowance to setup their home offices in the most ergonomic way possible. Benefits have also enabled employees to receive many forms of support through our group benefits program.
- We know when to get serious. Strict health and safety protocols have been in place since mid-March 2020. These protocols extend beyond just the physical workplace – this includes contact tracing, management’s approval of any client / vendor interactions, mandatory PPE, physical changes to the office / showroom and building security
- …and when to press pause. We are grateful to be part of an organization which both prioritizes and encourages work life balance.
- We have learned how to bend. We are all in this together and that has allowed us to be empathic. Crying kids, barking dogs and bad hair have become an acceptable norm.
- …and appreciate the rock on which we are built. Being owned by Herman Miller, Workplace Resource has been given the financial resources to best weather this pandemic in a way that has really buffered the impact on both individuals and collectively.
- We have adapted. Workplace Resource and Herman Miller have adapted to a new way of working, a new business model and product / service offerings.
- …and learned to get techy. The technology employees have access to has enabled a complete, smooth and quick transition to full time remote working. Which has allowed us to maintain our high standard of internal and external customer support.
- We appreciate our present. Big shout out to leadership and WR’s social committee for maintaining connection between people and place throughout this pandemic. Our unique culture has remained intact despite remote working and virtual engagements.
- …and look forward to our future. We are all looking towards the future with optimism as we navigate through this new normal. We embrace the challenges and growth that lie ahead.
In this time when so much has changed it can be easy dwell in the negative, but now more than any other year, we at Workplace Resource think it is so important to appreciate and give thanks for all that we have. Thanks to our customer, our partners, our families and the community in which we live and work.
All the best for a healthy and happy holiday season!